The Most Advanced Technologies to Provide Quality Care
Cancer Center of Gaithersburg is fully equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technologies. These technologies allow most solid malignancies to be treated aggressively. The Center is a full service facility for the treatment of solid malignancies such as those located in the head and neck, lung, breast, gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colorectal, and anus), genitourinary area (bladder, testicular, prostate), sarcomas, and brain tumors.
We Offer The Most Advanced Technologies Currently Available, Including:
- 3-D Conformal Therapy – Click here for more information.
- Electronic Portal Imaging – Click here for more information.
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – Click here for more information
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) – Click here for more information
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) – Click here for more information
- High dose rate (HDR) Brachytherapy – Click here for more information
These Technologies, Along With Standard Radiation Therapy Are Delivered Through The Linear Accelerator.
We offer the most advanced technologies currently available. Radiation therapy is delivered on two state-of-the-art digital linear accelerators developed by the pioneers in image guided radiation therapy, Elekta Synergy® and Elekta Synergy® S. These accelerators, along with Elekta’s HDR unit, CT simulator and treatment planning system allow delivering the following treatment options, all under one roof:
- Elekta Synergy® Linear Accelerator: The most innovative digitally controlled unit to deliver radiation treatments. Being the first in Montgomery County to offer this technology, the Cancer Center at Gaithersburg has the most experience in the use of this technology. Click here for more information or View Video
- Elekta Synergy S Linear Accelerator: The Synergy S is the newest linear accelerator by Elekta and is designed to provide stereotactic radiosurgery treatments with the most advanced technology available by the pioneers of SRS. Click here for more information.
- Pinnacle Treatment Planning System allows us to provide customized radiation treatments with knowledge of the exposure to surrounding tissues with the certainty of dose to the tumor, providing an accurate delivery of IMRT and IGRT treatments. The Pinnacle system used is the latest from the premier designer in treatment planning systems. Click here for more information.
- Philips AcQSim® CT Simulator is equipped to take respiratory motion into account, allowing for the most precise treatment planning. Organ motion is accounted for allowing for more normal tissues to be spared and increase doses to the tumor. Click here for more information.
- Impac MOSAIC software to record and verify system. Click here for more information.