State-of-the-Art Cancer Treatment Center to Open in Gaithersburg and Mark Occasion with Ribbon Ceremony
Facility brings greater access and quality care to patients requiring radiation treatment
Gaithersburg, MD – July 26, 2011 – Anu Gupta, M.D., medical director of the Cancer Center at Fairfax (formerly Associates in Radiation Oncology) is opening the only state-of-the-art cancer
treatment facility in Gaithersburg, Md., the Cancer Center at Gaithersburg. A ribbon cutting ceremony will take place on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to welcome
patients and their families, physicians, along with local officials and invited guests from the
The independently operated Cancer Center at Gaithersburg, conveniently located just off I-270 at the intersection of Quince Orchard Road and West Diamond Avenue, is the first cancer treatment facility of its kind in the City of Gaithersburg and Montgomery County. It provides treatment using the same technology available at Johns Hopkins, but in Gaithersburg. The Cancer Center at Gaithersburg is also equipped to treat all kinds of cancers and a highly experienced staff will deliver the care.
“My staff and I are pleased to become a part of the community in Montgomery County where we will help patients in their fight against cancer with unparalleled personal care and high-quality radiation treatment programs,” Dr. Gupta said. “We have a long history of caring for patients in the community of Fairfax City, and once patients step into the Cancer Center at Gaithersburg, they will not only see but feel the difference in the level of attention, concern and comfort that we extend to our patients and their families.”
The Cancer Center at Gaithersburg offers two new treatment units for the delivery of state-of-the-art therapy. Both units offer Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT). It is the only freestanding facility to offer stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) on a dedicated unit. The dedicated unit shows the Cancer Center at Gaithersburg
commitment to providing patients with a high level of care and sophistication that is unique.
Important features also include:
- Comfortable setting with convenient, free parking at the front door
- Resource center with information regarding cancer treatments, side effects, and more to help patients and their families better understand the process
- Separate changing areas for men and women with special lighting fixtures offering a peaceful and serene environment
Just like the Cancer Center at Fairfax, The Cancer Center at Gaithersburg will provide care by board certified oncologists and will accept all major insurance plans. Dr. Gupta brings significant credentials to patients in Montgomery County:
- Washingtonian Magazine has recognized her repeatedly as one of D.C.’s top doctors
- Is a member of the clinical faculty at Georgetown University Hospital, Lombardi Cancer Center
- Leads the only freestanding independent radiation oncology facility in Northern Virginia, fully accredited by the American College of Radiology, a designation which highlights the high-quality care Dr. Gupta provides
- Has treated more than 1,200 patients with a variety of cancers such as breast, prostate, colon and lung
- Is board certified by the American Board of Radiology
- Featured regularly as a medical commentator on NewsChannel 8
- Chosen as the only principal investigator by Johns Hopkins to lead its breast cancer study enrollment in Virginia
Dr. Gupta and her staff will be on site during the grand opening ribbon ceremony to provide a facility tour and answer questions for patients and their families. For more information, visit
www.raddocs.com. The ribbon cutting ceremony is open to the public and interested parties may email email@example.com to request attendance.
About the Cancer Center at Gaithersburg and Cancer Center at Fairfax
The Cancer Center at Gaithersburg and Cancer Center at Fairfax are dedicated to the treatment of cancer using a comprehensive approach that begins with state-of-the-art technologies that are integrated into a caring and compassionate environment where personal attention to detail is as important as delivering optimal treatments.
The Cancer Center at Fairfax is the only free-standing facility in Northern Virginia and is certified by American College of Radiology (one of only five radiation therapy facilities in the state of Virginia to receive this accreditation). Both facilities are led by Dr. Anu Gupta recognized in Washingtonian Magazine as one of Washington, D.C.’s top doctors. For more information, visit www.raddocs.com
# # #
Cancer Center at Gaithersburg/ Cancer Center at Fairfax
Phone: (240) 364-0900